Hound Health

Getting dogs spayed… wait, what is that? I had no clue what that meant but after my father explained me the process, I was horrified. How can people do such a thing? I argued and pleaded to my parents to not do this to Pepper, it was a very long surgery and I didn’t want anything to happen to Pepper. At first, I was very confident about my words until I heard that if we get Pepper mated instead of getting her spayed, there is a 50% chance that Pepper could die while giving birth. I immediately changed my mind and agreed to getting her spayed because it would be a better and safer choice for Pepper. Afterall, after she gets spayed, she can’t get pregnant, she will be less aggressive, it will benefit her health and it will give her less desire to run away from home. The plan was we will take her for a blood test then the next day she will get the procedure done. The vet had warned us that she will vomit, not consume food or water for a few days, gain weight and feel very sleepy after the surgery. Post the operation, Pepper had to wear an E-cone and many bandages on the wound. We had to take Pepper for checkups every 3 days. It generally takes 4 weeks for your dog to completely heal but fortunately Pepper was healing much faster than other dogs and healed in 2 weeks! Usually after getting your dog spayed, your dog becomes more mature and calmer however Pepper still has her childish nature and she has become way more excited.

Pepper is back to her cute, naughty self and had returned to her standard life.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doggy Desires

Treats and Tails

Paws and Playtime🐾